I am a Flip Flop Parent, otherwise known as Sarah.
After the birth of my first son I quickly realized I wanted to raise my son with a relaxed attitude. I came up with the idea of Flip Flop Parenting at that point, but it has taken me the addition of three more boys and 9 years of experience on the job to get to the point of really understanding it myself.
Flip Flop Parenting is my philosophy, but I am far from perfect at it! I am far from perfect at anything, but I am enjoying the journey that God is taking me on and learning all I can in the process. My hope is that this is a place that I can share what I have learned along the way, and you can teach me as well.
Here are a few more things about me:
- I somehow got the greatest man on the planet to fall in love with me and pick me to spend the rest of his life with. I adore him with all that I am!!!
- We have four boys that keep life interesting and full of laughter. Oh the things that come out of their mouths!
- I am blessed to be a stay-at-home-mommy to those four little smelly creatures. The best days are the ones when they smell like little boys and the bath tub turns brown!
- We decided to homeschool so I get to be their teacher too. There is nothing like watching the light bulb go off!
- My husband loves me SO much he married me twice. The first wedding was in my parents living room with my beloved dog laying on my feet and some of our closest family that could make it back from being evacuated for a hurricane. Even a hurricane couldn’t keep us from getting married, but since everything had already been paid for and I didn’t get to wear the dress, we had a second wedding with all of the finishings that were originally planned.
- I use to make toys for sea lions, and had the awesome opportunity to train them too. They are by far my favorite animal.
- God has blessed my life beyond belief with His unending love which He has for you too.
- I sometimes struggle to be a Flip Flop Parent, but God is leading the way.